Letting Your Property with Knight & Knoxley
Would you like to rent out your property?
We understand that letting your property can be a daunting task and we want to take the pressure away from you and make it as seamless and straightforward as possible. Our team are on hand to help and advise every step of the way and provide a responsive, professional and warm service to both you the landlord, and your tenants.
Our offices in Brighton and Hastings have comprehensive experience of the rental market and our aim is to rent your property to the most suitable tenants for the best price possible.
We offer free rental valuations and are always happy to discuss your requirements and answer any questions you may have. We know the success of property marketing lies with superior presentation and our stand-out professional photography is part of the package we offer. Let our Knowledge & Knowhow do the hard work for you.
We can carry out extensive tenant referencing with credit history, employment and landlord references so that you have as much peace of mind for the tenancy as possible.
We offer a variety of services to accommodate your needs, depending on how involved you would like to be during the tenancy.
To find out more please contact us today, or why not request a free, no obligation, valuation of your property.
We offer the following three rental packages. All packages start with a property set up fee of £180 + VAT regardless of the package you choose.
Introduction Only | 2.5 weeks of rent + VAT (One off payment)
For the landlord who would prefer to manage and engage with all aspects of the tenancy once the tenants have moved in.
- Professional Photography
- Full advertisement of your property on our property portals
- We will screen applicants prior to them viewing your property to ensure we only carry out viewings with suitable parties
- Accompanied viewings with prospective tenants via our team with full feedback provided
- Full referencing (including previous landlord references, credit checks and employment/income referencing) * £50 + VAT per applicant
- Liaise with tenants and organise the move in process
- Prepare legal documents and contracts to be signed by the tenant in our offices
- Collect first months rent and deposit
- Provide tenant with your payment details for ongoing rental payments
- Provide all legal documents to tenant
- Ensure the move in goes well
Rent Collection | 8% of monthly rent + VAT
Suitable for those of you who would prefer not to deal with the monthly collection of rent but are happy to organise and liaise with the tenants and trades people directly for all maintenance and repair issues as needed.
Includes the same as our Introduction Only service, plus the following:
- Collect the monthly rent and transfer to your account (with our fee deducted)
- Supply monthly invoice statements and confirmation of payment
- Chase late rental payments should this occur
- Liaise with tenants and forward to you any maintenance enquiries should they arise for you to handle and organise yourself
Fully Managed | 10% of monthly rent + VAT
Our fully managed service is suited to those of you who wish to have a hassle free experience. We will liaise with the tenants on all matters and deal with all maintenance and repair queries on your behalf - only getting in touch with you when we need to!
Includes the same as our Introduction Only and Rent Collection Services, plus the following:
- Ensure the Gas Safety Certificate is up to date and booked in annually *
- Arrange a full professional inventory report of the property to be carried out pre-tenancy *
- Check that all legal documents are up to date, such as an up to date Gas Safety Certificate, EICR (electrical inspection condition report), Energy Performance Certificate *
- Be the first port of call for any maintenance enquiries or questions from the tenant
- Organise with trusted and professional trades people should any repairs or visits be required (confirmation of the quote will be sent and approved by you prior to arranging)
- We will visit to inspect the property after 3 months
- We will hold a set of keys for the duration of the tenancy
- Arrange cleaning and maintenance issues at the end of the tenancy if needed
- Arrange renewal correspondence and termination notices if needed
Additional Extras for all rental packages:
- Full referencing (including previous landlord references, credit checks and employment/income referencing) - £50 + VAT per applicant
- Credit Check only - £30 + VAT per applicant
- Guarantor Referencing - £50 + VAT
- Register the tenants deposit at the beginning of tenancy with The DPS (including release and transfer at the end of the tenancy) - £75 + VAT
- Tenancy Renewal Fee - £85 + VAT
- Additional Property Inspections - £30 + VAT
- Key Cutting - £15 fee plus the cost of cut keys
- Energy Performance Certificate - £70 + VAT
We can quote and organise for the following. Prices are dependent on size of property
- Professional Inventory Report with full photos
- Gas Safety Certificate
- Electrical Report (EICR)
- Gas and Boiler Service
- Check Out Report
- Any trades, services or repairs we organise will be subject to a 10% service charge of the quote price provided
Termination of the lettings contract between agent and landlord is subject to a fee equal to 2.5 weeks rent + VAT